Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Car Cramming & Other Crazy Fun

Got up and had a mini breakfast with our host. She then drove all of us into the center city Nagano so we could catch a bus home. The fun part was that there were 7 of us for a 5-passenger car, which to most would mean that 2 would need to take a taxi or find another way. But not for JETs. We crammed into this tiny ass Japanese car. Erika in the trunk, Tom, Joey, and myself in the back with Karen lying on our laps. Tonya and another guy (forgot his name) in the front, putting across the city. Honestly, it was the funniest thing to see us all piling out of the car. Anyway, I went to the prefectural office to get a re-entry permit for my visa so that I can get back into the country if I want to travel outside or go home. Ended up being the easiest thing ever to do and literally took about 3 minutes. To think that I was expecting the ‘wait 2 weeks and come see us in person’ or ‘you need this random form even though it doesn’t say you do’ Japanese bureaucracy. Took the bus back home just as it was starting to rain, which means I had a wet bike to ride home on, yippee! Pretty chill evening. Went out for dinner with a few people because apparently we never get sick of seeing each other, lol.

Here we are eating at a Yakiniku place. (You grill your own food at the table)
He greeted us at the door of the restaurant. Interesting pet, I must say.
That's Joey, being a trooper and taking the "trunk."

No comments: