Sunday, August 10, 2008

Beware! Child-snatching Bunnies are loose in Japan!

Today, we went shopping at Jusco, which is apparently this really big shopping mall in the area. Saku has the largest one in the whole area or something. Anyway, I was shocked at the way it was all laid out. For the most part, malls in America have individual shops, with gates that pull down at the end of the day. Well, not so common here. Instead stores are free-flowing one into the next and like hell if you would see a gate or a way to cover the goods at the end of the day, which leads me to believe that either they have a real problem with theft or they just really are the most honest people I have ever met.

Another stop that day was to Cainz, which is a DIY hardware/everything store. Seriously, falling short of electronics and food, you could probably find it at this place. Wait, I take that back, I do remember passing food at some point. Anyway, this store was pretty cool for your one stop ‘oooh, I could use one of those’ shopping needs. The nest highlight was my DS Lite purchase. Went to Yamada Denki, which is an electronics superstore and got myself the akai (red) DS Lite. It is sleek and now can do all of my kanji to English conversion needs. Definitely need to buy myself a few games to pass the time as well as Japan is loaded with cool games that Nintendo fan boys in the U.S. would trade their limited edition NES games for.

Useful information from today: Plastic displays in restaurant windows are not always accurate, though many times better. Also, alcohol is cheaper here than elsewhere. Malibu Rum was dirt-cheap and American whiskey is cheaper here than in America. Sorry to those of your who like to bargain shop for your boos.


That's him...the hardware store bunny...sneaking up on those poor unsuspecting kids.
Oh shit! He's got one, quick call 119!
And I was originally going to by a lawnmower.
(Note: 'goodliness life' - what dictionary has the word goodliness in it because it should be burned!)
Oh yes, me likey!

Just maybe
They know Harrisburg?!
It's true, I tried some.
My new DS Lite. :)


No comments: