Thursday, August 21, 2008

{Insert Interesting Title Here}

Started working on an English bulletin board for the school. Decided to make it primarily about the Olympics with sports vocabulary and pictures. Also, am going to have a comic corner. Found good Peanuts and Garfield comics with easy words that the students should understand. Also am going to have a Music section where I list my favorite bands, tell a little about them, and have songs that they should listen to. The first band I am showcasing is Metric. Oh yah!!! And then I also am going to put little pages that they can take that say, “Become a Translator.” They have Japanese and English phrases that can be translated back and forth. I basically just want to expose students to really common English words and phrases nonstop so that if they ever visit the States, they have an idea of what things they can expect. I don’t want to sugarcoat things too much because I know that there are some really superb students who are up for the challenge.

No comments: