Was going to go hang out with the people in Ueda but decided that because it was raining I would just go out with some people more locally. So I went out with Erika, Tom, Nina, Patrick, and Nina’s friend, Dave. We went to the restaurant Rock Pool where this server (Masatoshi is his name) that we met at a bar works. After dinner, we went to that bar and he came by after work was over for him. He played pool with a couple of the others and we all chatted leisurely about random topics. Thankfully after a few drinks my Japanese language fears diminish and I use it more freely because this guy is really cool. We discussed amusement parks, movies, and music mainly in half English half Japanese conversation and I learned a lot about things in Japan from him. I think it is the coolest thing meeting Japanese people and talking to them and getting their life stories. I foresee myself hanging out with a bunch of Japanese in the near future because they all seem to be just as interested in me as I am in them. To top it off, being one of the few in the group that can speak some Japanese really helps give you an edge with the conversations. I also met a doctor at the restaurant who told us to give him a call if we ever get sick. It is crazy the number of doctors that I have run into thus far. I mean, it is a good thing if I ever do become ill but still weird just the same.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Le Japanese
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment